Community Election Inspector Training Now Available
Muskegon County Clerk, Nancy A. Waters, Presents a
Community On-Line Election Inspector Training
Monday, September 28, 2020 – Friday, October 9, 2020
Election Inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. Join us for a FREE 3-Hour on-line training. Once training is completed, participants will receive a certificate which will qualify them to work as an Election Inspector in any election in the State of Michigan through July 2022.
Our offices are now open to the public for all services except funeral homes Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Service to funeral homes will continue by appointment until further notice.
If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to go through a short health-screening procedure which includes having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. You will be required to wear a mask or face-covering at all times. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/ applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 4:30 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
Online AV Application Now Allows Voters to Apply for an Accessible AV Ballot
The Online AV Application has been updated to include an option to request an accessible AV ballot for voters who are blind or otherwise severely disabled. On the Online AV Application’s Contact Info page, voters can check a box indicating "I am Requesting An Accessible Ballot" and then can check a second box stating, "I declare that I am blind or otherwise severely disabled, and that such disability prevents me from being able to privately and independently complete a paper absent voter ballot without visiting a clerk’s office."
On the Submit page, the Contact Information section contains the confirmation whether an accessible ballot was requested.
Do you need to renew your license soon? If you want to get a REAL ID-compliant one to use to fly after Oct.1, 2021 (per federal law), bring these documents with you to a Secretary of State office the first time so you don’t have to make multiple trips. Michigan.gov/REALID
On Thursday, January 3, 2019, the Muskegon County Board of Commissioners met and elected Susie Hughes of Commission District 3 as the County Board Chair for a two-year term. Also elected as Vice Chair was Gary Foster of Commission District 7.
It is the mission of the County Clerk’s office:
- To provide efficient, courteous, and quality service to residents of Muskegon County, the general public, the board of commissioners, judges, court staff, lawyers and city, township and village clerks.
- To always conduct the County Clerk’s office as a public trust, with the highest standards of excellence, integrity, fairness, teamwork and in the best interest of those we serve.
- To efficiently and accurately record and maintain minutes, orders and proceedings of the board of commissioners and have the records readily available for review.
- To strengthen teamwork and cross training, while stressing quality service and loyalty to those we serve.
- To work together as a team with city, township and village clerks to ensure fair, open, honest, efficient and accurate elections.