EFFECTIVE 03/24/21 THE COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. PLEASE USE THE CALENDAR BELOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Muskegon County Clerk's 1st floor Vital Records Office is open to the public Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for all services except for CPL renewals, and until 4:30 for all services except marriage license applications and CPL licenses. No appointments are necessary.
For CPL Renewals, please follow the instructions under our Concealed Pistol License tab.
1. If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to go through a short health-screening procedure which includes having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. Using the QR code below will speed up the entrance process. Just keep the final screen up on your phone to show at the front door.
2. You will be required to wear a mask or face-covering at all times.
3. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready.
4. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 4:30 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
5. Pick from the list below to schedule an appointment. (Please make sure you are using the most recent version of your web browser)
To make an appointment, choose the service you need below and select your date and time.
Do you need to renew your license soon? If you want to get a REAL ID-compliant one to use to fly after Oct.1, 2021 (per federal law), bring these documents with you to a Secretary of State office the first time so you don’t have to make multiple trips. Michigan.gov/REALID
On Thursday, January 3, 2019, the Muskegon County Board of Commissioners met and elected Susie Hughes of Commission District 3 as the County Board Chair for a two-year term. Also elected as Vice Chair was Gary Foster of Commission District 7.
It is the mission of the County Clerk’s office:
- To provide efficient, courteous, and quality service to residents of Muskegon County, the general public, the board of commissioners, judges, court staff, lawyers and city, township and village clerks.
- To always conduct the County Clerk’s office as a public trust, with the highest standards of excellence, integrity, fairness, teamwork and in the best interest of those we serve.
- To efficiently and accurately record and maintain minutes, orders and proceedings of the board of commissioners and have the records readily available for review.
- To strengthen teamwork and cross training, while stressing quality service and loyalty to those we serve.
- To work together as a team with city, township and village clerks to ensure fair, open, honest, efficient and accurate elections.