We are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for marriage licenses and new CPL Licenses and until 4:30 for all other services.
For CPL renewals, please follow the instructions on how to renew your CPL license under our Concealed Pistol License tab.
1. If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to answer two health questions. Using the QR code below will speed up the entrance process. Just keep the final screen up on your phone to show at the front door.
2. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready.
3. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 4:30 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
WE NO LONGER REQUIRE APPOINTMENTS.
Do you need to renew your license soon? If you want to get a REAL ID-compliant one to use to fly after May 3, 2023, (per federal law), bring these documents with you to a Secretary of State office the first time so you don’t have to make multiple trips. Michigan.gov/REALID
On Thursday, January 5, 2021, the Muskegon County Board of Commissioners met and elected Robert Scolnik of Commission District 4 as the County Board Chair for a two-year term. Also elected as Vice Chair was Charles Nash of Commission District 6.
It is the mission of the County Clerk’s office:
- To provide efficient, courteous, and quality service to residents of Muskegon County, the general public, the board of commissioners, judges, court staff, lawyers and city, township and village clerks.
- To always conduct the County Clerk’s office as a public trust, with the highest standards of excellence, integrity, fairness, teamwork and in the best interest of those we serve.
- To efficiently and accurately record and maintain minutes, orders and proceedings of the board of commissioners and have the records readily available for review.
- To strengthen teamwork and cross training, while stressing quality service and loyalty to those we serve.
- To work together as a team with city, township and village clerks to ensure fair, open, honest, efficient and accurate elections.