Filling Out Forms & Filing Documents

Beginning Wednesday, October 28, our office is no longer open to the public.  Please read instructions on how to conduct business during this time as we are still working.  Please be aware that we are closed on holidays, which includes Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s.

Filling Out Forms Completely

Make sure all forms are filled out completely prior to filing. If you are filing in person and your paperwork is not complete, it will be necessary to step out of line to finish your paperwork so our deputy clerks can assist other customers.

Filing Circuit Court Documents

The County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases for the 14th Judicial Circuit Court as well as the filing of any future pleadings within those cases.

Filing in Person 

Court documents may be filed in person at the Muskegon County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office  between 10:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the sixth floor of the Michael E Kobza Hall of Justice, located at:
990 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49442

Filing by Mail

Court documents may also be mailed to the Muskegon County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office
990 Terrace Street
6th floor
Muskegon, MI 49442

A cover letter is not required but it may be helpful to include a letter containing the filer’s information, case information, payment information and all appropriate filing and copy fees.


  1. E-mail address for filing document(s) with CCR is:
  2. Attach your document(s) in PDF format.
  3. In the Subject Line of the e-mail reference the case number.   If it is for a new filing, reference “New Case” and if it’s: Criminal, Civil, Paternity/Support, or Divorce.
  4. If the case filing requires a filing fee, please process your payment via Gov Pay (there is a minimal service fee charged by the credit card company to process).  The Gov Pay website is:  You may also call: (888) 604-7888 but the service fee is higher if you call versus processing it through their website listed above.  You will need to provide the following PLC number: 5115.
  5. A receipt will print out upon payment.  Please include a copy of this receipt with your filing so we know the filing fee has been paid.
  6. If the petitioner qualifies for his/her fees to be waived, fill out Form MC01 (Rev. 10/19) and e-mail with filing.  The Fee Waiver form can be found at:
  7. Upon receipt of the filing and Fee Waiver or payment, if required, CCR will process in OnBase and e-mail the assigned judge a copy of the motion and order.
  8. CCR will reply via e-mail within 24 hours that your document has been received and it is being processed.