Filling Out Forms & Filing Documents
CIRCUIT COURT RECORDS IS CLOSED TO THE
PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Filing Circuit Court Documents
The County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases for the 14th Judicial Circuit Court as well as the filing of any future pleadings within those cases.
During the Court's closure, there are two ways to file documents with Circuit Court Records:
1. Mail documents to Circuit Court Records, 990 Terrace, 6th Floor, Muskegon MI 49442; OR
- E-mail address for filing document(s) with CCR is: CCR.Filings@co.muskegon.mi.us.
- Attach your document(s) in PDF format ONLY. Taking a picture of your document with your phone will not be accepted for filing.
- In the Subject Line of the e-mail reference the case number. If it is for a new filing, reference “New Case” and whether it’s: Criminal, Civil, Paternity/Support, or Divorce.
- If the case filing requires a filing fee, please process your payment via AllPaid (there is a minimal service fee charged by the credit card company to process). The AllPaid website is: https://allpaid.com/payments#/plc-search/plc-details/5115 . You may also call: (888) 604-7888 but the service fee is higher if you call versus processing it through their website listed above.
- A receipt will print out upon payment. Please include a copy of this receipt with your filing so we know the filing fee has been paid.
- If the petitioner qualifies for his/her fees to be waived, fill out Form MC01 (Rev. 10/19) and e-mail with filing. The Fee Waiver form can be found at: https://courts.michigan.gov/Administration/SCAO/Forms/courtforms/mc20.pdf
- Upon receipt of the filing and Fee Waiver or payment, if required, CCR will process in OnBase and e-mail the assigned judge a copy of the motion and order.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND VIA E-MAIL AND MAIL. This will cause a duplication of your filing.
A cover letter is not required but it may be helpful to include a letter containing the filer’s information, case information, payment information and all appropriate filing and copy fees.
Personnel of the Muskegon County Clerk’s Office are not attorneys and thus are forbidden by law to give legal advice. Assistance with filling out forms, in most instances, constitutes legal advice.