Filling Out Forms & Filing Documents
EFFECTIVE 03/24/21 THE COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.
Muskegon County Circuit Court Records Office, located on the 6th floor, is open to the public Monday through Thursday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for all services.
Circuit Court Records will continue to offer e-filing as an option for filing documents at CCR.Filings@co.muskegon.mi.us. If you have document requests or inquiries, you may also send those requests to CCR.Requests@co.muskegon.mi.us.
Filing Circuit Court Documents
The County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases for the 14th Judicial Circuit Court as well as the filing of any future pleadings within those cases.
Personnel of the Muskegon County Clerk’s Office are not attorneys and thus are forbidden by law to give legal advice. Assistance with filling out forms, in most instances, constitutes legal advice.
Filing by Mail
Court documents may also be mailed to the Muskegon County Clerk’s Circuit Court Records Office
990 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49442
A cover letter is not required but it may be helpful to include a letter containing the filer’s information, case information, payment information and all appropriate filing and copy fees.
E- MAILING FILINGS (Please use for document filings only)
- E-mail address for filing document(s) with CCR is: CCR.Filings@co.muskegon.mi.us.
- Attach your document(s) in PDF format.
- In the Subject Line of the e-mail reference the case number. If it is for a new filing, reference “New Case” and if it’s: Criminal, Civil, Paternity/Support, or Divorce.
- If the case filing requires a filing fee, please process your payment via Gov Pay (there is a minimal service fee charged by the credit card company to process). The Gov Pay website is: www.GovPayNow.com. You may also call: (888) 604-7888 but the service fee is higher if you call versus processing it through their website listed above. You will need to provide the following PLC number: 5115.
- A receipt will print out upon payment. Please include a copy of this receipt with your filing so we know the filing fee has been paid.
- If the petitioner qualifies for his/her fees to be waived, fill out Form MC01 (Rev. 10/19) and e-mail with filing. The Fee Waiver form can be found at: https://courts.michigan.gov/Administration/SCAO/Forms/courtforms/mc20.pdf
- Upon receipt of the filing and Fee Waiver or payment, if required, CCR will process in OnBase and e-mail the assigned judge a copy of the motion and order.
- CCR will reply via e-mail within 24 hours that your document has been received and it is being processed.