Write-In Filing Deadline For the November 3, 2020 General Election is Friday, October 23rd at 4:00 p.m.
*County Clerk Staff will be in the office to assist write-in candidates with filing from 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23rd*
Our offices are now open for all services Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. County Clerk offices are closed on Fridays through July 24th.
If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to go through a short health-screening procedure which includes having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. You will be required to wear a mask or face-covering at all times. Due to limited space inside the offices, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/ applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. Please keep in mind that the offices close at 5:00 p.m. and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
During the closure, please mail your filing for State Representative, Countywide Office, County Commissioner AND PRECINCT DELEGATE to:
Muskegon County Clerk, 990 Terrace Street, Muskegon, MI 49442
Your Affidavit of Identity may also be faxed to 231-724-6262 or emailed to email@example.com
We must receive both the Affidavit of Identity and payment by 4 p.m. on April 21, 2020.
Filing Fees may be made by Credit Card by going to www.govpaynow.com and entering Pay Location Code (PLC) #5117, and selecting "Fees". We will receive a faxed confirmation once your payment is complete.
Statements of Organization may be mailed to the address above or faxed to 231-724-6262 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Petition forms must be obtained from the county or local clerk’s office! All other filing materials are as follows:
- Filing for Office - State Candidate Filing Requirements
- Filing Requirements: Office of State Representative
- State House Rep 91st Candidate Packet (PDF)
- State House Rep 92nd Candidate Packet (PDF)
- Affidavit of Identity Form (PDF) REQUIRED FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- Countywide Offices Candidate Packet
- County Commissioner Candidate Packet (PDF)
- Township Offices Candidate Packet (PDF)
- School Board Candidate Packet (PDF)
- Precinct Delegate Candidate Packet (PDF)
- Preparing, Circulating, and Filing Petitions for Public Office (PDF)
- 2020 City Candidate Filing Requirements
- Village Candidate Filing Information
If you have any questions about this material, please call the County Clerk’s Office, Elections at 231-724-6425.
Candidates responsible for filing Campaign Finance reports, please refer to the Campaign Finance information. If you are an incumbent running for re-election, you should already have a Statement of Organization on file and only need to file an amendment if anything has changed. Verify your information at: https://muskegon.mi.campaignfinance.us/