- County Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Apportionment Commission
Muskegon County Apportionment Commission
According to State Law, the Muskegon County Apportionment Commission is responsible for establishing County Commission districts within the County every 10 years after the census has been completed. The County Apportionment Commission consists of the County Clerk, the County Treasurer, the Prosecuting Attorney, and the statutory County chairperson of each of the two political parties whose candidates for Secretary of State received the most votes in the last election for that office. In Muskegon County it is the Democratic Party and Republican Party.
For a listing of the 2021 Apportionment Commission Members contact information, CLICK HERE.
2021 Apportionment Commission Plan Selection & Reports
Following final selection of the Plan 2021-7-4-1 on Monday, November 8, 2021 and two revisions of the plan on Wednesday, November 10, 2021, the following documents and maps were submitted to the State of Michigan Bureau of Elections on Friday, November 12, 2021. Click each item in the list to view the submitted section.
- Resolution approving the new county commissioner district boundaries
- Maps in PDF format of the new County Commissioner districts
- Population Tabulations for Muskegon County Plan 2021-7-4-1
- Descriptions of Muskegon County Plan 2021-7-4-1 County Commissioner Districts
- Detail Census Blocks Report of District Assignments
Muskegon County Apportionment Plan Review Dashboard
The Muskegon County Apportionment Commission, with assistance from Muskegon County GIS has released an interactive online application for reviewing the apportionment plans being considered. This viewer allows users to view plans, received details about proposed commissioner district populations and submit comments about various plans. To view the application, CLICK HERE or the image of the dashboard to the left.
2010 Apportionment Documentation
- Census Block 2000 Within Census Tract 402 of Muskegon County-Prison Population of 3,631 Removed From Total Census (PDF)
- Full Census Population and Populations without the State Prison Population (PDF)
- U.S. Census Municipality Boundaries and Voting Districts Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census School District Reference Map (PDF)
- U.S. Census Tract Reference Map (PDF)
Muskegon County Redistricting Plans
General Information & Guidelines
- 2000-2010 Census County Commissioner District Map (PDF)
- Apportionment Commission Standards (PDF)
- APPORTIONMENT RULES OF PROCEDURE 06-16-21
- General Information Document with Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Guidelines for Apportionment (PDF)
- Michigan State Law -Act 261 from 1966 (PDF)
- MUSKEGON COUNTY APPORTIONMENT COMMISSION members
- Time Frames (PDF)