Muskegon County Clerk, Nancy A. Waters, Presents a
Community On-Line Election Inspector Training
Monday, September 28, 2020 – Friday, October 9, 2020
Election Inspectors are people who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. Join us for a FREE 3-Hour on-line training. Once training is completed, participants will receive a certificate which will qualify them to work as an Election Inspector in any election in the State of Michigan through July 2022.
The County Clerk's Office is now open for all services except funeral homes Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Service to funeral homes will continue by appointment until further notice.
If you plan to come into our office, please be advised that you will have to go through a short health-screening procedure which includes having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. You will be required to wear a mask or face-covering at all times. Due to limited space inside the Clerk’s office, it will be necessary for you to have all of your requests/applications completed before you are allowed inside the office, including having your identification documents and payment ready. Please keep in mind that our office closes at 4:30 and some services can take up to 20 minutes to perform. Please allow for this when coming in to our office.
Online AV Application Now Allows Voters to Apply for an Accessible AV Ballot
The Online AV Application has been updated to include an option to request an accessible AV ballot for voters who are blind or otherwise severely disabled. On the Online AV Application’s Contact Info page, voters can check a box indicating "I am Requesting An Accessible Ballot" and then can check a second box stating, "I declare that I am blind or otherwise severely disabled, and that such disability prevents me from being able to privately and independently complete a paper absent voter ballot without visiting a clerk’s office."
On the Submit page, the Contact Information section contains the confirmation whether an accessible ballot was requested.
With the Michigan Votes tool you can:
- Track your absentee ballot
- Determine if you are registered to vote
- Find your polling location
- Contact your local election official
- Learn to use your voting equipment
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- View your sample ballot
OFFICES TO BE ELECTED IN 2020
In Muskegon County
- U.S. President/Vice President
- U.S. Senator (1 seat)
- U.S. Representative in Congress (1 seat)
- State Representative (2 seats)
- State Board of Education (2 seats)
- University of Michigan Regents (2 seats)
- Michigan State University Governors (2 seats)
- Justice of the Supreme Court
- Judge of the Court of Appeals
- Judge of the Circuit Court (1)
- Judge of the District Court (2)
- Countywide Offices: Sheriff, Prosecutor, County Clerk, Treasurer, Register of Deeds, Drain Commissioner, County Surveyor
- County Commissioners
- City and Township Offices
- Village Offices
- School District Positions