Circuit Court Records

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at their new location:  97 E Apple Ave, across from the Hall of Justice.  You may enter the building through the north doors off of Apple and Pine.


Beginning Monday, July 17, the Circuit Court Records Department has a new mailing address:

97 E Apple Ave, Muskegon, Michigan 49442

We will be closed on the following holidays:

  • Friday, November 10, 2023: Veterans' Day
  • Thursday, November 23, 2023: Thanksgiving Day
  • Friday, November 24, 2023: Day after Thanksgiving
  • Monday, December 25, 2023: Christmas Eve
  • Tuesday, December 26, 2023: Christmas Day

You may file documents with Circuit Court Records by:  

1.  Mail documents to Circuit Court Records, 97 E. Apple Ave, Muskegon MI 49442; OR

2.  Bring your paperwork to Circuit Court Records at 97 E. Apple Ave at the corner of Apple and Pine.

If you have questions regarding the status of a case or document, please visit MiCOURT Case Search ( for public case information in the 14th Circuit Court.

For any document requests or questions, please call 231-724-6251 and leave a message with your full name, your telephone number, the full names of the case you are calling about, and the case number if available.  Please speak slowly and clearly so we can understand your message.  Leaving multiple messages will cause delays in responding.  

Karen D. Buie, County Clerk      

Ivy Wiltenburg, Chief Deputy County Clerk 


How do I file for Divorce?

If filing without an attorney, there is a website that is available to download the necessary forms, along with instructions on how to file the appropriate documents.

What is the filing fee for filing for divorce?

If filing for divorce involves minor children, the filing fee is $255.00

If filing for divorce without minor children, the filing fee is $175.00

*If a person is on public assistance or is low income, a Fee Waiver Request (MC 20) may be filled out to waive the above fee.  Please be sure if on public assistance, you include your public assistance case number, as that needs to be filled out on the form. This form can be found at the following website address:

How can I search for a case to find out the status of the case and when the next hearing is?

 Click on the following link for Circuit Court cases:

Click on the following link for District Court cases:

Click on the following link for Probate cases:

These links are also located on the Muskegon County website under Online Case Search.

How do I file for a legal name change?


Legal name change packets are sold for $5.00 at the Circuit Court Records Department located on the 6th Floor of the HOJ Building or can be obtained online at .  The packet includes instructions for filing for a name change, as well as the required forms to be filed.  New name change filing fee is $187.00. 

How do I get my conviction set aside?

Set Aside Conviction packets are sold for $4.00 at the Circuit Court Records Department, located at 97 E. Apple Ave across from the HOJ Building, or it can be obtained online

The packet includes instructions for filing a set aside conviction, as well as the required forms to be filed.  There is no filing fee assessed for this type of filing.

Who do I reach when I have a question concerning my Circuit Court jury duty service?

Circuit Court Jury Clerk:  231-724-8825

Jury Hotline:  231-724-6395

Who do I call to request a transcript of my court hearing?

You will call the Judge’s secretary who the court case is presiding with.

Who do I call with questions regarding tickets or driver’s license suspensions?

District Court – Operations:  724-6302 (1st Flr HOJ Bldg)

Where do I go if I want to evict someone from a home I own?

District Court – Civil:  724-6329 (1st Flr HOJ Bldg)

Who do I contact if I need to reschedule a Circuit Court hearing date?

The judge’s secretary the case is assigned to.

Who do I contact with questions concerning my Circuit Court fines, costs, and payment plan?

Circuit Court Collections Department:  231-724-3470 (3rd Floor, HOJ Bldg)

I have a question regarding child support, parenting time, custody, paternity establishment, who do I contact?

Contact the State Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 877-543-2660.  Listen to the prompts and it will direct you to the right person within the 14th Circuit Friend of the Court.

I would like to pay for a document I requested from Circuit Court Records, how do I make this payment online?

Go to the following website: or call 1-888-604-7888.  If you are paying via online, please use the following PLC code:  5115.  ***Please note there is a convenience fee for using both of these services.  The fee chart is located on this site.  Please also note there is a significant difference when utilizing the phone service versus going online (can be as much as $7.00 more for using the phone service).

I would like to file a Personal Protection Order (PPO) against someone.  How would I do that?

Attorneys and self-represented litigants can file PPO Petitions by:

 Mail- Circuit Court Records, 97 E. Apple Ave, Muskegon MI 49442

PPO Petition Forms, available at:

 SCAO Court Forms-

 Michigan Legal Self-Help Center of Muskegon County-

 Forms available in the vestibule at the Hall of Justice

I have a question concerning adoptions.  Who do I contact?

Adoption Petitions are being accepted via mail. They can be mailed to: Attn:  Adoption Coordinator, 3rd Floor Hall of Justice, 990 Terrace, Muskegon, MI 49442.

I have a question concerning wills, guardianships and conservatorships.  How do I obtain information regarding this?

Probate Court (see Muskegon County website– Frequently asked questions)


The Muskegon County Clerk is designated as the Clerk of the Muskegon County 14th Circuit Court and assists the Court with its many functions. The Circuit Court Records division of the County Clerk's Office is responsible for maintaining civil, business court, criminal, domestic, and custody files for circuit court.

Case Information

The Circuit Court Records Office accepts new case filings, case pleadings, performs record searches, and issues certified copies of court documents. All documents filed with the court are put on the computer system. Files may be accessed by the public at the counter of the County Clerk's Circuit Court Records Office.