What if my lawyer is not doing his or her job?

You may contact the director, Fred Johnson, Jr., at (231) 724-6585 extension 3.  If you have a complaint, Mr. Johnson will assign a senior attorney to investigate or he will investigate himself. This does not mean he will agree with you.  The law is like calculus: It is complicated and non lawyers do not know all the rules.  It is your lawyer's job his or her job to tell you the best he or she knows, even if these are suggestions you do not agree with.

Show All Answers

1. Who is the Public Defender for Muskegon County?
2. Where are the Public Defenders located?
3. When should one be represented by a private rather than a public defender attorney?
4. What if I hire a private attorney and run out of money before the case is over?
5. How can I be appointed a Public Defender on a Misdemeanor case?
6. How can I get a Public Defender on a felony case?
7. How do I find out who my lawyer is?
8. When is my next court date?
9. What if I cannot attend my court date?
10. What do I do if I miss my court date?
11. How do I change my lawyer?
12. What if my lawyer is not doing his or her job?
13. My witnesses are leaving town. They are about to erase the video. What do I do?
14. What can I do to help my case?
15. What if I do not have an attorney but have questions about a criminal matter?