Does Muskegon County have a Veteran's hiring preference?

Muskegon County recognizes the sacrifices made by our military service members and is proud to provide a Veteran's hiring preference for all honorably discharged Veterans of the United States military. Muskegon County will waive minimum college and/or experience requirements associated with individual positions in lieu of comparable military education, training, and service. In addition, all things being equal, Veterans will be offered employment over those without military service.  

To receive the Muskegon County Veteran's hiring preference, applicants must submit a DD Form 214 or reserve discharge order. Active National Guard and Reserve soldiers may submit a letter from their unit commander stating the service member's military occupational specialty, end of service date, and verification that the service member is in good standing.  

Show All Answers

1. What does it mean to be on an "Eligible List"?
2. Can I mail, fax, or hand deliver my resume for employment consideration?
3. I have been notified that I have to attend OPAC testing. What is OPAC?
4. I applied for a position and have not heard anything in quite some time. What should I do?
5. Can I submit attachments to the online application?
6. I missed the application deadline. May I still be considered for the position?
7. Does Muskegon County have a Veteran's hiring preference?
8. I don't meet the minimum qualifications on the job announcement but I am a quick learner and I know I could do the job. Will I be considered for the position?
9. Is there a way for me to be notified of new Muskegon County employment opportunities as the become available.