What if I can't come up with the money right now?

Partial Payments

Even if you can't pay your taxes all at once, you can still make partial payments, depending on how many years are delinquent. Make your check payable to the Muskegon County Treasurer and mail to:

Muskegon County Treasurer
173 E Apple Avenue Number 104
Muskegon, Michigan 49442 

Parcel Number

To ensure your payment is applied to your parcel, please write your parcel number on your check or money order. If you cannot pay all of your taxes before foreclosure, contact a mortgage professional to determine if you could consolidate your unpaid taxes into a mortgage; or contact the Family Independence Agency at 231-733-3700 for possible financial assistance

Avoid Foreclosure. Please do not wait until it's too late.

Show All Answers

1. If I don't pay my taxes, will I really lose my house and property?
2. What is a delinquent tax?
3. What happens after the property is forwarded to the county treasurer for collection?
4. What does it mean for my property to be in forfeiture? Does that mean I lose my property?
5. What happens after my property is in forfeiture?
6. What happens after my property is foreclosed? How do I get it back?
7. What if I can't come up with the money right now?