What if parents do not cooperate?

If the parent who is receiving public benefits for the child(ren) does not help the Family Court in establishing a case, the Family Court will notify the public assistance benefits worker of the situation. This may result in a reduction or termination of public assistance benefits.

If the other parent to the case does not participate with the Family Court, an order can still be granted and the Friend of the Court will then start to enforce the order.

Show All Answers

1. How can I start a case?
2. What is the next step in my case?
3. How is the other parent notified?
4. What if parents do not cooperate?
5. What about DNA testing?
6. How is the amount of child support determined?
7. What if a husband is not the biological father of a child?
8. Who do I ask about custody and parenting time issues?