In partnership with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), the Immunization program offers continuing education classes to health care professionals to improve knowledge and understanding of immunizations and related issues.
Our Public Health Nurses, approved by MDHHS as Immunization Nurse Educators (INE), provide the classes, which vary in length and are available during the lunch hour period. The classes are at no charge to the provider office, and nurses can receive continuing education credits, while others can receive a certificate of attendance.
- Adult Immunizations - 1.25 Hours
- Giving Immunizations: Vaccine Administration and Pain Management - 1 Hour
- Infant and Young Child Immunizations - 1.25 Hours
- Influenza Update (Available in the Fall/Early Winter) - 1 Hour
- Older Child and Adolescent Immunizations - 1.25 Hours
- Vaccine Management: Storage and Handling - 1 Hour
- Vaccines Across the Lifespan - 2 Hours
- Vaccines for Children Program - 1.25 Hours
- Vaccines for Women Across the Lifespan: Update for OB/GYN Staff - 1.25 Hours