Bringing Muskegon County Airport to You!
Have you ever wondered how the airport operates, what’s happening here now, what’s planned for the future and how we are impacting the economy? Now is your chance to find out!
Airport Guest Speaker Program
The Muskegon Airport has a community outreach program specifically designed to answer your questions. If you would like an airport speaker to come visit your homeowner’s association, community group, civic organization, or classroom we are ready for your request. Whether it’s a quick 10-minute presentation or an hour’s worth of questions, feel free to contact us to schedule a date and time to attend one of your upcoming meetings.
Here are some examples of topics you may be interested in hearing about:
- Airport history
- Airport operations
- Airport plans for the future
- County plans for the airport area
- Economic impacts of the airport
- What the airport is doing to increase air service options
Ever wonder how an airport operates on a daily basis? The Airport offers groups the opportunity to get a tour of the airport terminal (airline, TSA, support services), the Airport Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) services (subject to schedule availability), the Fixed Base Operator (fueling, flight instruction, etc.), airport operations and maintenance, and the air traffic control tower (subject to schedule availability).
- Ages: 3rd to 12th grade
- Group size: 5 to 20 people
- Tour Length: Approximately 1 1/2 hours
- Days / Times: Tuesday to Thursday by appointment only - 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.; 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.