Friday Household Hazardous Waste Events
All dates shown below are subject to postponement/cancellation due to COVID-19. The status of the events will be posted on this page. Check this page on the day of the event for the most up to date information.
The Household Hazardous Waste Program will hold the scheduled August 28th Household Hazardous Waste Collection from 11AM – 3PM at 1300 Keating Ave, Muskegon. Please note that social distancing and masks are required while unloading.
Every 2nd & 4th Friday -- May Thru October
May 8, 2020 Canceled August 14, 2020 May 22, 2020 Canceled August 28, 2020 June 12, 2020 Canceled September 11, 2020 June 26, 2020 Canceled September 25, 2020 July 10, 2020 Canceled October 9, 2020 July 24, 2020 Canceled October 23, 2020
- Mercury/Mercury containing devices (i.e. Compact Florescent Light bulbs, mercury thermometers or thermostats, etc.)
- Petroleum products
- Used Oil, if it can't be recycled
- Automotive Fluids
- Aerosol cans (containing hazardous materials)
- Acids (i.e. Batteries, Muriatic Acid)**
- Bases (i.e. Drain cleaner)
- Alkaline and Rechargeable(Li-Ion, Ni-Cad, etc) batteries. No Lead Acid (Car) batteries are accepted**
- Other products with approval