The Muskegon County Juvenile Transition Center subscribes to and expects all employees to conduct themselves in accordance with the National Juvenile Detention Association’s Code of Ethics which serves to stimulate concern for employees own professional conduct and for the conduct of fellow professionals within the juvenile justice system.
Employees are expected to subscribe and commit themselves to:
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct;
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct;
- Avoid any interest or activity which is in conflict with or which produces undue personal gain through the execution of professional duties.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of detained youth;
- Advocate the legal and ethical rights of youth;
- Eliminate all forms of unethical and illegal behavior;
- Maintain an optimum level of physical condition and mental alertness.