- Alliance for Nonprofit Management
Professional association devoted to improving management and governance capacity of nonprofits
- American Association of Fundraising Counsel
Support of its members who meet the highest ethical standards in the nonprofit fund raising market
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
Resources for nonprofit organizations in the area of fundraising support
- Center for Democracy and Technology ("CDT")
An independent, non-profit public interest organization advocating user empowerment and free expression on the Internet and brings information and technologies to individuals that enable them to take control of their online experience.
- Centerpoint for Leaders
Resource for nonprofit organizations and community initiatives
- Charity Navigator
Evaluates financial health of U.S.'s largest charities
- Council of Foundations
Support foundation staff, trustees and board members in their day-to-day grant-making activities.
Children, Youth and Families
- America's Children in Brief: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2010
- KIDS COUNT Data Center - The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- KidStats and Maps - The Children's Trust
- National Child Abuse Statistics - Child Help
- National Survey of America's Families - Urban Institute
- National Survey of Children's Health
- State by State Facts - Kids Are Waiting Fix Foster Care Now!
- Statistics - Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Crime in the United States, 2006 - U.S. Department of Justice
- Statistical Briefing Book - Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
Comprehensive Plans/Needs Assessments, Etc
- West Michigan Industrial Parks and Sites Study (2003)
- Muskegon County Green Infrastructure Inventory (2010)
- Muskegon County Blueways and Greenways Plan: Public Access Inventory & Linkages (2010)
- Muskegon County Hazard Mitigation Plan Summary West Michigan Regional Shoreline Development Commission, http://www.wmsrdc.org/reports&publications.html
- Disability Funders Network
Grantmakers group that promotes awareness, support and inclusion of people with disabilities and disability issues in grant making programs and organizations.
- DUNS Number (Required for Federal Grants)
New Federal Grant requirement from the U.S. Office of Management and Budget.
- Faith and Service Technical Education Network (FASTEN)
Online resources for productions, registrations, applications, forms, and other useful tools.
- Foundation Center’s Learning Lab Introduces Free Tutorials
Free introductory tutorials about foundations, proposal writing, establishing a nonprofit organization, and more.
- Free Management Library (The Management Assistance Program)
Highly integrated management resources for nonprofit organizations developed by Carter McNamara, Authenticity Consulting, LLC.
- Giving at Amazon
Resources for Nonprofits
- Google Grants
In-kind advertising for nonprofits
- Governmental Accounting Web (Rutgers University)
Links to accounting information, resources and websites.
Online guide for grant writing tools and other government resources.
- Grant Station
Resource center for nonprofit organizations.
National Database of Nonprofit Organizations.
- Hands Net
Human services information and training services for nonprofit organizations.
- Data 2010…the Healthy People 2010 Database - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Data and Statistics - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Health Facts: Global data on HIV/AIS, TB, Malaria, & more
- Health Youth! Data and Statistics - National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- HIV/AIDS Statistics and Surveillance - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- State Health Facts
- State Health Facts - Food Stamps
- State Health Facts - Health Insurance and Managed Care
- State Health Facts - Health Status
- State Health Facts - Medicaid and CHIP
- State Health Facts - Medicare
- State Health Facts - Providers and Service Use
- State Health Facts - Women's Health
- Internal Revenue Service – Charities and Nonprofits
Workshop registration and other resources for Small & Mid-Sized Tax-Exempt Organizations.
- InterAction- American Council for Voluntary International Action
Largest alliance of U.S.-based international development and humanitarian nongovernmental organizations.
- Milano Nonprofit Management Knowledge Hub
Hub guides reader to free articles, resources and websites for nonprofit management professionals and researchers.
All Michigan Grants and Details
Michigan Non-Profit Association
Community Foundation of Muskegon County
Bureau of Justice Assistance
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
National repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations
Information and public policy support for nonprofit organizations
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Federal website for standardized grant forms and applications
- Network for Good – Nonprofit Resources
Nonprofit collaboration to help nonprofit organizations increase capacity, reach new audiences, and build Internet strategies
- Nonprofit Action
Nonprofits with the tools and knowledge they need to advocate for their cause
- Nonprofit Quarterly
Nonprofit news through magazine subscription and e-newsletters
Information and forms on how to start a 501(c)(3) non-profit
- Nonprofit Genie (California Management Assistance Partnership)
Information and resources for the nonprofit community
- Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
Providing key information designed to help manage your nonprofit organization efficiently and effectively
- Nonprofit Online News
News about the Online Nonprofit Community
- Nonprofit Resource Center
Information source on financial management of nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center
Risk management resources and free technical assistance for nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit Times
Free e-newsletter with research-driven articles, statistics on the sector, and economic news for the nonprofit industry
- National Center for Charitable Statistics - Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- State Health Facts - Measures of State Economic Distress
- U.S. Census Bureau
Legal resource for nonprofits
- Stay Exempt
Tax basics for 501(c)(3)s
- The Center For What Works
Nonprofit meta-sector catalyst for excellence via online knowledge transfer and networking
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
The newspaper of the nonprofit world
- The Roundtable of Religious and Social Welfare Policy
Resource for recommendations for expanding and strengthening the role of faith-based and community organizations in the delivery of social services to America's neediest citizens
- Third Sector New England
Resource center for building the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of nonprofits
- Toolkit Faith-based and Community Organizations from ACF
Helpful links to information, tools, and resources from US DHHS
- Urban Institute
"Key Steps in Outcome Management" by Linda M. Lampkin Harry P. Hatry
- USA.gov for Nonprofits
Federal web portal for nonprofits
- USA.gov Reference Center and General Government
Official government website with data tools and references
- USA.gov Self-Employed Section
Official government website with information on franchising, entrepreneurship, and financial assistance