Purchasing Services provides the following services...
- Procure equipment, supplies and services used by County staff.
- Let bids, proposals and quotations.
- Advise management on market conditions and trends on commodities used by County staff.
- Serve as lead institution for procurement of commodities used by the Muskegon County Intergovernmental Purchasing Group.
- Register vendors and act as liaison between County staff and vendors.
The Muskegon County Purchasing Office obtained the National Purchasing Institute's Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award on September 21, 2004. The Award recognizes organizational excellence in public procurement. In order to achieve the award, organizations must demonstrate excellence in procurement by obtaining a high score on a rating of standardized criteria. The program is designed to measure innovation, professionalism, procurement, productivity, and leadership attributes of the procurement function.
The Purchasing Office also received the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Certificate of Achievement Award for Excellence in Public Procurement on November 24, 1999.