You may apply for your passport
during the following days/times:
Monday:          1:00pm - 4:00pm
Tuesday:         8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday:    8:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday:        1:00pm - 4:00pm
Friday:             8:00am - 4:00pm
IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A PASSPORT:
You will need:
- A Certified copy of your birth certificate - this MUST have a State or County raised seal and must include the date it was filed; or Naturalization Papers, if applicable, are also accepted.
Hospital Certificates ARE NOT accepted.
- One passport photo (2" X 2").
- Your driver’s license, Moped License, or State ID.
- A Check or Money Order payable to U.S. Department of State for $110 for ages 16 and over. (Age 15 and younger, $80.)
- Muskegon County Equalization's fee of $25.00 (payable by cash or money order).
- Applicants over the age of 16 may execute their own application with a valid driver’s license or State I D. (Until age 18, must list one parent as emergency contact)
- All applicants must appear in person.
- Both parents must execute applications for children under the age of 16.
DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION
OTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED ON APPLICATION:
Your social security number
Your Father’s birth place and birth date.
Your Mother’s maiden name, birth place and birth date.
Date of most recent marriage - if applicable
Date when widowed/divorced - if applicable
Naturalization information - if applicable
IF YOU ARE RENEWING A PASSPORT THAT HAS EXPIRED WITHIN FIVE YEARS:
You may renew your passport by mail if you can submit your most recent passport, you were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued, your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago and your name is the same as on your most recent passport OR you had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name change. You will need:
- Your old passport. (If you don’t have your expired passport, you will have to complete the process following the procedure above as if you have never had a passport AND complete a form DSP-64 Lost or Stolen form. If your passport is more than five years past the expiration date you will have to complete the process following the procedure as if you are a first time applicant but you must submit your old passport instead of a birth certificate.)
- One passport picture (2"X 2").
- A Check or Money Order payable to DEPARTMENT OF STATE for $110.00.
- An Application for Passport by Mail (Form DS-82). This form may be obtained in our office or online at www.travel.state.gov.
Regular Processing takes 4 - 6 weeks, Expedited Processing,
with overnight postage in both directions is processed within 3 weeks
If you are leaving in less than 2 weeks, we will recommend
you make an appointment to apply in person in either Chicago or Detroit
NEW PASSPORT CARD AVAILABLE!
Customers will now have the option to apply for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or Both on the new DS-11, DS-82 and DS-5504 forms. The Passport Card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The Passport Card will provide a less expensive, smaller, and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.
Applications for the Passport Card will be processed the same as a Passport Book application with the following fees:
Age 16 and over will be a fee to:
Department of State of $30
Muskegon County Equalization of $25
Age 15 and under will be a fee to:
Department of State of $15
Muskegon County Equalization of $25.
All fees to Department of State must be in the form of a Check or Money Order. Muskegon County Equalization will accept cash or money order.
Applications are available at the County Equalization office or online at www.travel.state.gov